Tuesday, May 29, 2012

cheesecake escape


Sometimes the long three day weekends end up causing a tough Tuesday after the fact.
On days like that, I tend to get a good case of the munchies. Luckily when doing the weekly shopping the night before a new week, I tend to avoid buying a bunch of junk food because I know exactly how I am going to be wanting to eat a bunch of crap food come Monday (or in this case, Tuesday) morning.
I did, however, buy myself a box of cinnamon graham crackers last night. Not the *best* food, but far better than other choices I could have made. I was in a particularly munchie mood this morning and had a AH-HA moment when I thought about the leftover whipped cream cheese I had in the fridge with no bagels in sight to use it up on. I thought how perfect would it be to create a little mini faux cheesecake delight. And that is EXACTLY what I did.

Cheesecake Escape

2 graham cracker sheets, split in half (gives you four squares)

2-3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese

Baker's or regular sugar

Smear cream cheese onto each graham square. Sprinkle with sugar (as little or as much as your heart desires) and ENJOY.

No comments: